Ensuring diversity in our Supply Chain is an important part of Compass Group's commitment to sustainability and Closing the Gap.
Compass Group is currently engaged with over 20 Supply Nation suppliers and service providers including:
- Corporate Connect AB – disposable coffee cups with Indigenous designs (20 million pa)
- Cole Workwear – hospitality uniforms ( Chef jacket, boots, pants)
- Pacific Cleaning – used at over 35 sites
In 2015 we purchased over $4.5 million worth of goods and services from Indigenous suppliers. This represents 40% year on year growth since inception of becoming a Supply Nation member.
0.61% of our goods & serviced purchased nationally is with Supply Nation certified Indigenous suppliers, which exceeds the Federal Government’s current target (0.5%).
We have also established 11 Joint Venture Companies generating + $312 million revenue in 2015 - shared with Indigenous partners.
Compass Group is a founding member of Supply Nation - Australia’s premier business-to-business membership body dedicated to growing diversity in the supply chain.
In 2016 Compass received two major awards in recognition of support for supplier diversity.
- Corporate Member of the Year - In recognition of excellence in engaging and transacting with Supply Nation certified suppliers or registered Indigenous businesses, and for demonstrated leadership in supplier diversity.
- Innovation for Impact Award (Shaun Hodgins, GM, Supply Chain, Non-Food & Beverage Categories, Compass Group) for driving sustainable supplier diversity.
These awards complement two earlier Supply Nation awards received in 2012 and 2014.
For information on Supply Nation, please visit: www.supplynation.org.au
Compass is also committed to Closing the Gap through providing Indigenous people with training and employment. Find out more about the Employment Parity Initiative.